Dana 70 Ford Axle Disc Brake Conversion Kit
Our disc brake conversion kits are the best conversion to eliminate drum brakes, in many cases it is less expensive to switch to disc brakes than to rebuild drum brakes. Changing from drum brakes to disc brakes is easy, and all the parts you need to complete the conversion and get rid of those heavy drum brakes are included in this kit. In the end you will have an axle that stops better, is easier to maintain, and weighs a lot less.
Our bracket included in this kit for the Ford D70 & D70U SRW actually fits! We developed these after the success of our 14 Bolt brackets and seeing what was available on the market and the problems associated with the others. The D70 was used by all of the Big 3 automakers at one time or another and they all had different uses and designs specifically for them. These are for a Ford D70 or D70U only!
- Requires single steel wheel 15" with a maximum 4" back spacing or larger for aluminum wheels. These are not for dual rear wheels, they are made for single rear wheel axles.
Complete Kit Includes:
- 1 Pair Dana 70 Ford Axle Disc Brake Brackets
- 2 Weld on Brake Line Tabs
- 2 Brake Line Clips
- 2 Brake Calipers
- 2 Hydraulic Hoses with 10mm Banjo Bolt Fittings (Your hard line requires a 3/8-24" inverted flare fitting for these hoses to bolt to)
- 4 New Brake Pads
- 2 New Rotors
- If longer studs are needed, usually dually studs are long enough. Double check stud diameter, studs should drop freely into the rotor. DO NOT press studs into the rotor. If your hub has too large of studs you will need to drill the rotors to accept them. Be sure to have minimum 5/8" lug nut thread engagement once wheel is installed
- Rotor installs onto the backside of the hub! Some models require the hubs to be machined for the rotors to fit
- Don't forget to re-bleed your brakes once you've installed your new conversion kit.
- An adjustable proportioning valve is recommended, this will allow you to fine tune your front/rear stopping power bias. Your front axle should always do about 70% of the work.
- This kit is only for the Ford D70 & D70U rear axle.
- These also use the '73-87 Chevy 3/4 Ton Front Rotors and Calipers, rotors may need the throat opened by ~3/16" depending on your hub
- The bracket mounts with the bend towards the diff, away from the rotor