Eaton H052/72 Axle Disc Brake Conversion Kit
Our disc brake conversion kits are the best conversion to eliminate drum brakes, in many cases it is less expensive to switch to disc brakes than to rebuild drum brakes. Changing from drum brakes to disc brakes is easy, and all the parts you need to complete the conversion and get rid of those heavy drum brakes are included in this kit. In the end you will have an axle that stops better, is easier to maintain, and weighs a lot less.
The brackets in this kit are something we have had for a long time, the 14 Bolt bracket, I was simply unaware of the fact that they work on the Eaton Axles from '65-'72. The Eaton axle was the axle GM used before the Corporate 14 Bolt was developed and they can also take a beating.
- Requires single steel wheel 15" with a maximum 4" back spacing or larger aluminum wheels
Complete Kit Includes:
- 1 Pair Eaton H052/72 Axle Disc Brake Brackets
- 2 Weld on Brake Line Tabs
- 2 Brake Line Clips
- 2 Brake Calipers
- 2 Hydraulic Hoses with 10mm Banjo Bolt Fittings (Your hard line requires a 3/8-24" inverted flare fitting for these hoses to bolt to)
- 4 New Brake Pads
- 2 New Rotors
- If longer studs are needed, usually dually studs are long enough or Dormin #610-301. Double check stud diameter, studs should drop freely into the rotor. DO NOT press studs into the rotor. If your hub has too large of studs you will need to drill the rotors to accept them. Be sure to have minimum 5/8" lug nut thread engagement
- Rotor installs onto the backside of the hub!
- Don't forget to re-bleed your brakes once you've installed your new conversion kit.
- A Proportioning Valve is recommended, this will allow you to fine tune your front/rear stopping power bias. Your front axle should always do about 70% of the work.