Dodge Dana 70 Disc Brake Conversion Kit
Our disc brake conversion kits are the best conversion to eliminate drum brakes, in many cases it is less expensive to switch to disc brakes than to rebuild drum brakes. Changing from drum brakes to disc brakes is easy, and all the parts you need to complete the conversion and get rid of those heavy drum brakes are included in this kit. In the end you will have an axle that stops better, is easier to maintain, and weighs a lot less.
This kit is for the Dodge Dana 70 Single Rear Wheel disc brake conversion using single rear wheels for an off road application. The weight savings over a standard Dana 70 is substantial.
- This kit works with 81-93 Dodge Dana 70 axles
- Fits standard single steel wheel 15" with a maximum 4" back spacing.
Complete Kit Includes:
- 1 Pair Dodge Dana 70 SRW Disc Brake Brackets
- 2 Weld on Brake Line Tabs
- 2 Brake Line Clips
- 2 Brake Calipers
- 2 Hydraulic Hoses with Banjo Bolt Fittings (Your hard line requires a 3/8-24" inverted flare fitting for these hoses to bolt to)
- Standard Calipers come with 10mm Banjo Bolts. El Dorado Calipers come with 7/16" Banjo Bolts
- 4 New Brake Pads
- 2 New Rotors
- If longer studs are needed, usually dually studs are long enough: Dormin 610-215 or I have had a customer report success using Dormin #610-283.1 and Dorman 610-363. The Knurl must press into hub but studs should drop freely into the rotor. DO NOT press studs into the rotor. If your hub has too large of studs you will need to drill the rotors to accept them. Be sure to have minimum 5/8" lug nut thread engagement when wheel is installed.
- Rotor installs onto the backside of the hub. If your drum is a slip on drum and not attached to the backside of the hub, this kit will not work with bolt on brackets.
- Don't forget to re-bleed your brakes once you've installed your new conversion kit.
- If you feel you are not getting enough pressure to your calipers or the desired pedal firmness; you can use a larger 82-85 B-350 master (1.313" bore compared to factory 1.125" NAPA# NMC M2134) with some enlarging of the flange holes and pushrod modification
- An adjustable proportioning valve is recommended, this will allow you to fine tune your front/rear stopping power bias. Your front axle should always do about 70% of the work.
- This is ONLY for a Dodge Dana 70 Single Rear Wheel. This will not fit Ford, Chevy, or dually axles.
- FITMENT: 1st gen Cummins Diesel trucks seem to be not an issue. To ensure this kit works with your housing measure from your 4 bolt backing plate flange to the back of the wheel hub (the surface the wheel studs press up against). This distance must be about 5.68" to ensure our kit will work